Don't Fall For This Pinkbike Buy/Sell Scam

You know how you sometimes have those days where all you want to do is go on Pinkbike's Buy/Sell section and just look at the bikes sold there? You start feeling bad about the perfectly fine bike you already own, as you desperately turn to your wallet and come to the realization that you have no money left and that you haven't eaten in 2 days. But hey, at least you got that shiny brand new dropper post for your bike, or maybe just bought the INCREDIBLE  drivetrain with its technologically perfected FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND PERCENT gear range.


Anyways, let me get back on track. I was scrolling through Pinkbike's Buy/Sell section for bikes, when I stumbled across someone selling a BRAND NEW Evil Insurgent for 2.500 dollars. Now  mind you, the Insurgent is my dream bike and seeing it for half its normal price really caught my eye. However, the pictures were only of the frame. I sent the seller a message asking if they are selling the full bike or just the frame. At this point something didn't feel right but I was willing to wait for their response.


Well, there is my answer. They sell full bike of bicycles. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. When I read this I laughed so hard. I laughed so hard I had to show it to my girlfriend so we could laugh together. After I was done laughing, I clicked on their website. It had such a sketchy looking layout and logo. The "International Delivery all over in world over 200 country" didn't really make things any better.






As you can clearly see, there is something off-putting about the website. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that anyone who isn't proficient at English is a scammer but I would personally be a bit skeptical before purchasing a new bike from someone that I literally cannot communicate with.

While working on this article I noticed something weird. Went I went on their Pinkbike profile, the name of the store had changed without any notice. It's as if they decided to randomly switch to a new name. I tried going on the website of their new store but I got a message saying "this domain has expired".

Another thing I found interesting was, while doing a few google searches I came across their profile  on a website called "boatsforsaleworldwide". They apparently specialize in selling boat engines. The location of the dealer was listed on their profile. This is the location of FAJAR ASKAR HQ according to their profile.


On a highway in the middle of nowhere in Texas. The arrow literally points to the middle of the road.
This was the icing on the cake. If I wasn't already convinced that these people are scammers, this just sealed the deal. I do not have any concrete evidence of it, this is purely my speculation after doing some research.

In the end, whether you think the people behind these are scammers or not is up to you. I personally think that looking at the evidence, it is obvious that they are up to no good. I would advise you to not buy anything from them as you will probably end up with nothing but 4 grand down the drain. Have you ever been scammed by someone? Let me know in the comments below.


Comments

Popular Posts