2017 Red Bull Rampage Unfair Judging


Watching Red Bull Rampage right now and I have a lot of things to say about the judges. I understand that it must be really difficult to interpret an entire top to bottom run into points but rating Antoine Bizet's run with a 81 is truly disappointing. As I'm writing this he has two thousand more votes in the people's choice awards than the person in second (Cam Zink). Don't get me wrong, the people on the podium definitely deserve to be there but I find that a 81 for Bizet's run is miles behind what he and the viewers were expecting.

Actually seeing him go from being stoked and doing celebratory dances to just straight up disappointing after hearing his score made me sad. He pulled off two massive backflip step downs, a front flip and a double flip and still ONLY got a 81. You could tell by looking at his second run just how disappointing he was.

I also found Tom Van Steenbergen's caveman start so original and was truly something that had never been done before. Still, he didn't even get a one point improvement from his previous run. You could also see the disappointing look on his face. One would think that originality is highly regarded when it comes to big mountain riding.

I'm just really disappointing at the judges this year. Originality, the addition of new elements and overall really gnarly runs of certain riders were obviously not appreciated by the judges. I hope that next year's judging will actually take all those factors into consideration and will overall be more fair. How do you guys feel about this? I'd love to hear your input.

Comments

  1. I agree with you
    Bizet need the first place
    I think rheeder and genon were under noted
    This year notes and judges are bullshit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel the same way. Unfair judging for some riders and also as you said under
      noted

      Delete
    2. Agreed. Tom did put his foot down but so what...he did something new and original. Bizet should'v won and a lot of rides were better than Nell (not taking anything away from him) but there were a good few better than his 3rd place.

      Delete
    3. I agree, was just discussing with my girlfriend how Nell's run, although good didn't have anything noteworthy or outsanding or original about it. Which is why I liked Bizet's and Tom's runs so much

      Delete
    4. https://youtu.be/ZfxGY-BsUnY?t=2h57m13s so sad to see his reaction :(

      Delete
  2. I bet they didn't like bizet's slopestyle run because josh bender was one of the judges. He basically has no technical skill and only ever did massive hucks, no tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly LOL, only reason bender is known for is for his massive hucks. Also felt like the judges couldn't value Bizet's tricks because they can't even pull half of those off themselves. Just sad

      Delete
    2. Also was thinking how highly Zink's steep line was valued for example over Bizet's tricks, or even Tom's original start. I'd say the judging was quite biased

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts