Sixpack Icon Flat Pedals Multi-Color Limited Edition Review

This review is not sponsored

After having my previous flat pedal literally break off of the crank arms, I found myself looking for a new pair of pedals. I came across the Sixpack Icon multi-color special edition pedals and immediately fell in love. Their color and overall design really caught my eye, and the fact that there are only 20 pairs worldwide made them that much better. Even though I had never heard of the brand Sixpack Racing before, I was willing to give them a try. Before I could even make a move to buy them myself, my amazing girlfriend had already bought them for me.

Sixpack Racing is a company based in Germany which are owned by real riders with a goal of creating high quality products for riders. My experience with the Icon pedals so far tells me that they have accomplished their goal. The pedals are of excellent build quality and they also make a bunch of other mountain bike related components with competitive prices. I'd be more than willing to try out and review more of their products in the future! 

You can learn more about Sixpack Racing by clicking here.

Sixpack Icon Flat Pedals Multi-Color Limited Edition

Keep in mind, before heading straight to the review, that there are only 20 pairs of these beauties worldwide. If you are interested head on over to their website to grab a pair for yourself!

 Review

  Features:
  •  17mm flat alloy pedalbody
  • hardened Chromoly axle 
  • 32 Custom replaceable M4 torx pins
  • Weight: 408g / pair
  • Platform Size: 95x110mm (Width x Length)
  • 2 spare pins included

    MSRP: 99 € (Click here to purchase them)

   Pros:

  • Solid grip when paired with decent flat pedal shoe
  • Not many pedal strikes due to their low profile
  • Amazing looks

      Cons:

  • Adjusting your shoe can sometimes be difficult due to their insane amount of grip
The Sixpack Icon pedals strike a good balance between durability and low profile making them reliable when going down rocky and steep trails while avoiding pedal strikes. Their platform is big enough to fit even the biggest shoe size out there, although there are better options out there if you are looking for a big platform pedal (Crankbrothers Stamp for example).

One thing I would like to note is that my shoe of choice was the Five Ten Freerider.

Sixpack Icon Flat Pedals Multi-Color Limited Edition

Trail Performance

I don't think I've had my shoe slip once from the pedals and that says a lot since I usually ride really rough and steep trails. The grip on the Sixpack Icons is truly remarkable when paired with decent flat pedal shoes. They felt really sturdy even when riding the roughest trails and taking a foot off in corners was pretty effortless. 

One thing that kind of threw me off was how difficult it was to re - position my foot back on the pedals after placing it wrongly. My shoes felt like they were glued on to the surface. Although taking my foot off was pretty easy to do, actually adjusting it when it was already on the pedal felt like a hassle. However, that can easily be fixed by just lowering the pins a bit.

Sixpack Icon Flat Pedals Multi-Color Limited Edition

Conclusion

I would highly recommend the Sixpack Icons to anyone looking for a solid pair of durable, low profile and remarkably grippy pedals. Their amazing looks and the limited edition element is an added bonus that I think everyone can appreciate. However, if you are looking for a big surface flat pedal, I would suggest considering something like the Crankbrothers Stamp as an alternative.

Comments

Popular Posts