8th Athens Bike Festival

This Saturday I went to an event called Athens Bike Festival. It took place from Friday till Sunday and was the 8th installment of an annual event where bikes are showcased. A freestyle bmx show was also present which was really fun to watch.

The venue itself was pretty big with quite a few brands there considering biking and especially mountain biking isn't really a big thing yet in Greece. The representatives of each brand were really helpful and kind which was quite refreshing. There was also a lot of variety when it came to bike testing from really funky weird looking scooters to full suspension mountain bikes.

However, what really dissapointed me was simply the amount of e-bikes that were on display. I think if I had to say how many bikes out of 10 were e-bikes the answer would be more than 6. I understand that e-bikes and their technology has evolved and needs to be showcased but when I personally attend such an event I expect to see and be able to test more ACTUAL bikes. Now that I think of it it's actually scary how many hardcore e-bikers are out there.

Overall, the event itself and all it's activities were pretty fun, especially with some good company.

Thank you to Brahami City Bikers for the pictures. Check out their page for more if you are interested!

















Comments

Popular Posts