Redemption17 Interview Part 1: BKXC

Brian (BKXC) and Alexander (The Singletrack Sampler) are two YouTubers who recently finished their Redemption 17 mountain biking road trip. They made and uploaded daily videos about their trip on both their channels and it is an absolute blast to watch.

Here, take a look for yourself:


I was left with a few questions that could hopefully give me some more insight on their life on the road. They both were very eager to help me out by answering my questions. These are Brian's answers.

After being on the road for about 3 weeks what would you say were your most favorite/ least favorite parts about that sort of "lifestyle"?

This doesn't apply to most people, but slow internet was the toughest part of being on the road for 3 weeks!

From all the new trails that Alexander introduced you to, which one/ones stood out the most and why?

 I really liked the Bear Creek to Pinhoti 1 and Pinhoti 2. We didn't get to film a ton of it because it was rainy and wet, but the riding was sweet.

Your guys's friend Shawn had a horrible crash during one of your rides. A lot of people, myself included, were impressed about how well you guys were able to handle the situation involving Shawn's crash and injury. I know that words don't really do it justice but just how intense was it and how were you able to stay calm during something like that?

It was very intense. You really don't have any other choice than to stay calm. You're no help if you have a nervous breakdown.

What are your favorite and most fun moments from the road trip to reflect and look back on?
Riding in Bailey Mountain Bike Park was such a fun day. The weather was great, the people were really, really cool. I felt like my riding skills increased too. I can tell that place is going to keep growing into something special.

During your road trip you completed a two day enduro race in Pisgah, what was your mindset going into it and how did you experience the race itself? Was it any different than what you had expected?

It's funny because a few times Alexander said "Oh man, are you sure you're ready for this?" and my response would be "I either am or I'm not." I would either quit or finish, it's black or white and not worth worrying about. I had pre-ridden the hardest parts of the course and felt really good about it. I expected a little more singletrack but you can only piece together so many sections, I really, really enjoyed the race.

What does the future hold for BKXC?

The future for BKXC is to keep riding the best trails in the world and to build a community of people that get fired up about riding. I love doing t-shirts and jerseys and I want to keep making great stuff that people love to wear.

Any final thoughts and words to all of your followers?

I'm amazed and grateful that I've been able to build such an awesome following in such a short amount of time. I'll keep riding if you keep supporting me!



Many thanks to Brian for bringing this interview to life. I really appreciate him taking the time to answer my questions! I wish both Brian and Alexander the best of luck on their future biking adventures and am looking forward to their next uploads!

Check out their channels here:

BKXC

The Singletrack Sampler

Comments

  1. Enjoyed the interview! Short but insightful. Very cool that Brian wanted to work with you. I hope Alexander gets back to you soon also! Looking forward to his answers!

    Also looking forward to more MTB related content like this! Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you enjoyed it! It was really cool getting to do something like this with Brian. I hope I can get Alexander in on this too!! More content coming up for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts