Ride Log #1

This is the first part of a series that i'll be starting called "Ride Log". It's basically as the name implies; me talking to you guys about my rides and yeah, hopefully you enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it.


I consider the early hours of the day to be my weak point and it was no different this time around. I had to call the fire department so 2 firefighters could come over and carry me out of bed. After what literally felt like an eternity I was able to get myself out of bed and eat some breakfast.


I finally packed up my stuff and headed to the nearby metro station. I had to wait about 10 minutes for the train I had to take.




I don't know if it's just me but it feels like whenever I am at the metro station with my bike people completely ignore my existence. I'll be trying to properly fit my bike in the train and no one moves aside or does anything to help out regarding space. I guess I just expect too much from strangers. Well there goes my daily rant.


Getting off the train wasn't really something I was looking forward to since there was a 2km uphill waiting for me. Let me just say my bike isn't a lightweight cross country bike. Riding on the road with cars surrounding me was and is always something I despised. I'd rather take place at Red Bull Rampage than ride my bike amongst cars. And since Greece is such a wonderful country, there are absolutely 0 bike paths anywhere near that area of Athens. I stopped halfway through to hydrate myself with some water and kept going after 5 minutes. I must've done that climb in 45 minutes before so I was trying to be faster this time without completely exhausting myself. It took around 35 minutes.


I stopped at the trailhead to rest as well as put on my knee pads and helmet.






Guess what? There was even more climbing to reach the actual trail I wanted to ride.


I love climbing with my bike

Reaching the trail I was greeted by the lovely site of hikers standing literally right on top of the entrance. Thankfully by the time I was rested and ready to go they were already gone. I put on my goggles (I went full enduro I know dont judge me okay) and started smashing the descent. After a bit I stopped and looked at the freshly built double that was there.




It was around 3 meters long and the take off wasn't anything crazy big either. I was pretty scared of it
at first since I don't really have a lot of experience jumping doubles, but I decided to just go for it.




It actually turned out to be way easier than I thought and I climbed back up to do it again. It was so much fun. I rode the same trail again 3 more times non stop and it felt so fast. It was crazy fun.

I was pretty tired after that so I started to head home which thankfully was a 25 minute descent to the metro station. It was a really fun day and it was definitely a good feeling trying out that double for the first time.

Comments

Popular Posts