Red Bull Live Streaming Sucks


So I got up early this Sunday to watch the Lourdes Downhill World Cup race. I was so excited for the world cup to be starting again only to find out that the live stream wasn't working properly, if at all. I saw basically everyone else trying to watch it having problems with it as well.

I just find it ridicilous how a company like Red Bull, buys the rights to exclusively live stream the world cup but can't even deliver on their promise. I'm gonna quote some of the complaints I found on the internet:


  1. "Can't get anything to work on any device, just stamped on my crappy tablet , redbull TV is shit again. I'd happily pay for something that worked. I guess mtb isn't worth enough money to anybody to do properly, shame."
  2.  " it started so late with no option to play, then I minimized it, then couldn't full screen it, and now I'm back to not playing with nothing to show that its even trying to play. RedBull site sucks!"
  3. "Red bull TV player mobile isn't working right now at all. Bah. Oh well, I guess I'll just watch the replay and tell myself it's 'live"  

 
These are just some of the complaints I managed to pick out with a lot more still out there. Now, I'm not writing this to completely walk all over Red Bull and shit talk them. They have contributed a whole lot when it comes to promoting mountain biking to wider audiences and have created events that no one would even think of in the past. However, I can't hide the fact that I have ALWAYS had problems with their UCI World Cup Dh live streams. And now after reading all of the complaints people had, I finally started to realize that I wasn't the only one. I really am hoping that these problems get fixed so people can properly watch the next World Cup Dh rounds without any inconveniences.                              

Comments

  1. i also always have problems with their streams. not necessarily with the stream, but just with the website being poorly optimized. i saw the feedback button on the stream so i send them a short message and i got this back later in the day:

    Hello,

    We would like to apologize for the issues with today's broadcast of these 2 events:

    * UCI Mountain Bike World Cup 2017 - Lourdes, France - Women's DH Finals
    * UCI Mountain Bike World Cup 2017 - Lourdes, France - Men's DH Finals

    Although we unfortunately are not able to bring back to you the entire vivid LIVE feeling,
    we are happy to confirm that the Replays for both DH Finals events are now available on Red Bull TV.

    Just follow the links below or look for the event on the "Calendar" page in the Red Bull TV app.

    Women's DH Finals:
    https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1PWUW9Y591W11/uci-mountain-bike-world-cup

    Men's DH Finals:
    https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1PWUW9Y591W11/segment/AP-1Q6WG2C811W11/men-s-dh-finals

    Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues with playing our Live-events, Replays or VOD content,
    so we could get back to you and further assist you with resolving the issue.

    Thank you for your understanding and patience while we are striving to further improve our services
    and to provide you with a better and more stable live experience on future events!

    Best regards,
    Manuel

    Red Bull TV Support

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts